Sunday, December 13, 2009

Liquid foundation for acne prone/oily skin?

Ok, so I have been a bare minerals user for over 5 years.


I am 16.


Please don't give me crap about the fact that I started wearing foundation at 10.


I have severe acne ever since I was 9 and got tired of looking at it so I decided I needed some foundation.


I am getting very tired of my bareminerals because I do have to reapply after PE and everthing like that.


My skin is extremely red ALL THE TIME.


It is very sensitive to the sun because I am on menocycline and tretinoin for my acne.


My skin is clearing up, which is very good :) but I still am looking for a good foundation.


I have extremely oily skin, and I have acne all along my T zone.


My current face routine consists of:


- Neutrgoena oil free SPF 45 sunblock


- revlon colorstay blemish concealer


- bare minerals foundation in light and medium beige, I mix them


- mineral veil


- Blush


- Bronzer





I do keep my makeup looking natural so don't freak that i wear too much because I honestly don't.


I let my natural skin show, but it does embaress me.


I have a lot of issues with my appearance because my skin is so bad.


I love myself, don't get me wrong I am not some girl who puts herself down all the time, I just will NOT leave the house unless I have foundation on.


Anyways, I was looking to try a good liquid foundation.


Just to try but I still don't want to waste my money.


I need something that will last through my school day which is usually from about 7:00 - 5:30 and something that won't melt off during my hour and a half of PE.


I was looking into two options so far...


The Rimmel London stay matte foundation with skinpure complex (salicylic acid for my acne)


and also the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for oily/combo skin.


Idk, any thoughts, options?


Recomendations?


I was thinking about just mixing my foundation in with my moisturizer because I don't want it to look too cakey; I see girls walking around all the time that look so fake its ridicuous.


Anyways, I am looking for something that won't really break me out, that will last all day, and isn't too cakey that will look natural and stay matte for most of the day.


I am a makeup addict.


So don't be afraid to tell me about different MAC brushes you recomend or stuff like that, if you think I should stipple with the 187 or blend with the 109, if you think I need a face primer like Photofinish Light anything, just give me advice, please, I need it!


Haha, liquid foundation intimidates me!


Thanks.Liquid foundation for acne prone/oily skin?
For lasting coverage I use Merle Norman foundation.


After your face clears up ,you can minimize the scarring with Vitamin E and Zinc. Proud to hear you have not let this effect your self esteem.Liquid foundation for acne prone/oily skin?
how about u try to get rid of the acne buy drinks lots and lots


of water and eating healthy! =DD this works for mee and i have kinda bad acne too..if u put liquid foundation or powder or anything like that it makes ur acne worse and then it later becomes a acne scar that will NEVER go away..
Clinique is exotic for oily skin. their matte finish foundation is perfecto and their shades are also very wide. from lightest to the darkest. not only Clinique, u may try other foundations which has anti shine @ matte skin quote on their label.
My sister uses clinique.


All I know is that their long-wear mascara is insanely good. But... other than that I don't really know, I don't wear makeup. But she has oily/combo skin and she likes clinique a lot.
Okay, First of all, Bare Minerals will kill you skin!


I used to have acne that wasn't really bad but when I started using Bare Minerals, My acne got soo worse, I started getting these bigg nodules under the skin and milia. Then I went to my dermatologist and she told me that bare minerals has a ingredient called Bismuth in there which makes your skin irritated and makes your acne more worse. My Dermatologist had to put me on Retin-A and Benzoyl Peroxide. Now my Acne is gone. But Anyways, a good foundation would be from Clinique. I'm currently using their new foundation called ''Even Better'' and I'm setting it with a MAC Pro item called MAC Invisible Set Powder.





But make sure you have a really good Skin Care Regimen because you are using makeup. When you don't wash off all your makeup before going to bed, the makeup sinks into your pores and it starts to eat your pores and making it more bigger.





So I recommend :





Morning:


Cleanse with a gentle cleanser.


Then apply Benzoyl peroxide all over your T-zone.


Use a moisturizer with sunscreen in it and make sure its for Oily/Combo skin.





Night:


Use Pre-moisten Makeup towelettes to remove all your makeup.


Then Cleanse with your gentle cleanser.


Apply Benzoyl Peroxide all over your T-zone.


Then apply the same moisturizer at night too.





Oh and by the way, make sure you get plenty of fluids like water and plenty of rest. Also eat plenty of veggies and fruits. This really helps. =)





Good Luck! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan