Sunday, December 13, 2009

Best foundation for mixed-race oily skin?

Hi, I am mixed of african and english. I have always had problems looking for a good foundation which will mattify my oily skin as I have been using dream matte mouse but it doesn't seem to work for long and in the space of around and 1hr and a half my skin is shiny again. I hate having to keep re-applying as I dont want to get spots. ALSO, I have trouble finding a foundation that mattifys and is a close match to my colour skin. What make up range are there in the Uk that do good foundations for oily skin and that are good for mixed race tones and at a reasonable price as I am only in my teens. Please help!Best foundation for mixed-race oily skin?
I think you should spend a little bit of money a go to Sephora and buy Bare Minerals. Trust me you'll love it!!!Best foundation for mixed-race oily skin?
I don't live in the UK, but one of my favorite foundations here is Almay Smart Shade makeup. It comes in 3 different shades (light, medium, and dark). When you use it the formula comes out of the bottle white, but then changes color to match your skin as you put it on your face. It can match any skin tone, even the difficult ones.





After that get a powder compact and a big powder brush, and brush the powder on your face over your foundation. You won't need a lot, but it will give you the more matte look you're going for. It will also help the oil so your face doesn't look shiny.





If they don't sell Almay, then next step would be to go to a department store and have them match you for foundation. It's a little more expensive than the drug store, but you'll get much better results. Also they have special formulas for oily skin. I love Clinique and Laura Mercier. Then you can get most of your other products from the drugstore so they'll be cheaper.
I suggest M.A.C they're products are excellent.


Fenwick (Brent Cross)


Selfridges %26amp; Co (Oxford Street)





In both of these stores there is a M.A.C counter located within the beauty department.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan