Thursday, June 24, 2010

Makeup for very pale and oily skin?

I've found that my usual makeup doesn't quite cut it.. I'm very pale (Yay celtic roots!) with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. I've got mild acne (not the problem here) but my skin can get very oily!!





I'm looking for-


x. A decent foundation that covers perfectly and doesn't make me shine (Current one is Boots 17 Balancing- not bad but could be better. 6/10)





x. A decent concealer that doesn't show up and actually hides dark circles (Current is Rimmel London Clear Complexion- 3/10)





x. Some tips to make everything look flawless :D As it 'sits' on my skin even when I blend %26gt;:(





x. A mascara that doesn't smudge under my eyes (I don;t touch my eyes, rub them... I use waterproof AND smudgeproof. Still smudges. Currently on Bourjois Volume Clubbing- 4/10)





I have a pink undertone if thats any help but I don't have any pictures :S





Any help welcomed!


(UK prices/brands/stores please)Makeup for very pale and oily skin?
foundation and concealer in one compact - ';1 karat'; is a great shade, i am scottish so understand about pale skin :-) :http://toofaced.com/product.asp?cat_id=1鈥?/a>


waterproof mascara that also really lengthens lashes: http://toofaced.com/product.asp?cat_id=1鈥?/a>


you can purchase both in department stores all over the UK aswell as select pieces in online stores like ASOSMakeup for very pale and oily skin?
I think that Nicloa Roberts from Girls Aloud has just bought out a new make up range (mainly concelers and foundations I think) of her own called Dainty Doll thats for people like her with very pale skin.


I think that they sell it in Boots or Superdrug. Its made by the company Jelly Pong Pong, keep an eye out!


Hope this helps,


xx
Don't skip the skin care for oily skin - and you'll find everything you need at aularale.com/7002.





Try Maybelline's waterproof mascara.
dont just cover up the oiliness, try and help it a little, start with a good cleanser, i use dermalogica basic cleanser, its quite expensive but it lasts for ages, and its brillant, i have skin exactly like you =] then apply a toner all over, (again i use dermalogica, but i know garnier do a good one for oily skins) then apply moisturiser to the bits of your face that feel ';tight'; avoid the t-zone thou. i tend to do this at night and then in the morning in the shower i just splash my face with cold water =] try the clarins lightening touch concealer, i think thats what its called, its really good, apply this first, and dab it in with a sponge.im using the revlon makeup for comination skin in shade ';buff'; but maybe you might wanna try ivory? i've heard clinque do good foundations for people with pink undertones, i keep meaning to try them. always apply foundation with your fingers, it really does help to get it looking flawless and helps it become more blendable, start on the t-zone and work your foundation out to your cheeks and blend it into your neck. for the mascara, i have no idea, ive tried everyones brand just about and they're all the same, although i find liquid line does smudge enough =] hope this helped, and if you try nicola roberts stuff let me know how it goes =[
Hey :D


i am also pale and have oily skin and acne so its really hard to find a foundation which is oil free and pale enough but i found an amazing one and it covers up really well!


http://www.revlon.com/ProductCatalog/Pro鈥?/a>





revlon colour stay for oily/ conbination skin :D


u can get it from boots superdrug anywhere that sells revlon really!


and its abotu 11 poundish or mayb 8 :S around that but it is very good!


i use the buff colour but u could ask someone at boots or someone to see which colour suits you the most!


Hope this helped x
Get some mineral powder make-up, powders work best on oily skin and it covers like nothing else. I don't even use concealer any more since I switched to mineral powders. You could also get a bronzing powder to add a tan, just put the powder on your T-zone (not all over) and remember that less is more with it. As far as mascara, I personally use Maybelline ';define-a-lash';. It works really well, it's waterproof so it doesn't smear, gives good curl and volume and doesn't clump as much as other's I've tried. It's so dark though, I have to wipe the wand off on a tissue before I put it on. Best of all, you can get it anywhere. Using an eyelash curler helps keep my lashes from smearing too. Just hit the curler with your blow dryer for a couple seconds, curl and then apply mascara. Simple, simple.
Try puritycosmetics.co.uk. It is really good!
go to Lily Lolo online. It is mineral make up and they have the best pale shade of foundation around. I am extremely pale and have been using this for a couple of months now. They also have pale skin concealer that covers very well and even powder which prevents shine and oily skin so perfect for you! The make up doesnt sit on your skin and lasts all day and night. You can buy sample pots at 80p each first to try so thart you dont have to buy the big pot first and find its the wrong shade! (it happens a lot when you are pale!) The best mascara i find is Avon.. i never used to like this brand but it's very good and never smudges.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan