Thursday, June 24, 2010

Have you tried this for your skin (helps with acne and oily skin, dry patches)?

I recently discovered that using these products helped my skin. All skin is different, but if any of then might help you, then why not try? The important thing is to be gentle with your skin.


So, top three products:


-glycerin soap


-olive oil


-rose water


all these are fairly cheap, especially considering that it takes a very long time to use them all up.


I don't really have a routine set in stone, but basically, what I do in the morning is wash my face with the glycerin soap, and then use the rose water as toner. My skin was oily (the greasy type that gets slick 45 minutes after washing your face), and that seems to be very good in controlling it (but I think it is a combination of all the things I do).


Sometimes, you might still need some lotion to combat the flaky bits (which I still get, even with oily skin), but I can tell mine are slowly reducing, and I need extra products less and less.


If I have had make-up on my face during the day, I may either wash my face with glycerin soap (this is at the end of the day, but not right before I go to bed) and tone again with rose water, or I may massage my face with olive oil for a few minutes, and then wash with glycerin soap and tone.


Then, right before I go to bed, I may or may not (this I say because you don't have to do this every night, it's up to you...customize it to your own skin type) do the OCM (Oil Cleansing Method)....well, actually it is my variation of it:


Rub a teaspoon of olive oil over face.


Soak towel in hot water (or run under hot water).


Put towel over face until it cools, and dab at oil.


Repeat towel soaking again.


done





My main goal was to share this, as it has really helped me (after a few weeks)





P.S. Whereas some oils clog pores, olive oil (for me at least) doesn't, and it actually draws out the bad stuff in pores, so that they don't clog. If anything, it will make your acne less painful, and shortlived.





So, for the purposes of the question, how many of you have tried this, and how many think that you will give it a shot?


Do you have your own beauty tips?


Have you tried this for your skin (helps with acne and oily skin, dry patches)?
I think you're right about the glycerine soap. Being a guy I find this soap is alright. If I have some dry skin, after shave gel seems good too, zingy and cool.





I might try that olive-oil if it helps your face clear up a bit, the finest of 'blackheads'.





But are you sure it is not your diet? Has that changed recently?





Cool tips however, and glad you're seeing results. It also sounds like the methods/measures are not too drastic. Nice one.Have you tried this for your skin (helps with acne and oily skin, dry patches)?
i simply cleans,tone and moisturise its easy and quick and a face mask once a month that works for me
one beauty tip i can give is never use soap on your face. use something that has tea tree oil in it to cleanse it.





also, eating almonds is supposed to help your skin (and concentration too), and eating food that contains olive oil such as pesto can be an aid to healthy skin.





also, i have found that smearing peach melba yoghurt on your face and leaving it on until the yoghurt goes dry does it the power of good too. you can get it really cheap aswell. the only drawback is the bits get in your hair lol.





i like the idea you have of the ocm, but i will stick to the fucidic acid cream for my acne, plenty of water, and plenty of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan