Thursday, June 24, 2010

How does bare escentuals work on oily skin?

so i have oily/normal skin, i also tend to break out around my forehead. but how will bare escentuals foundation work on me? i'm trying to buy new makeup to ELIMINATE shine, and possibly acne. i don't have terrible acne but i do have scars. i've been using the AVEDA wet or dry foundation powder...and it seems to be giving me weird bumps on my face. and it makes me oily after a few hours. HELP!!! any suggestions for makeup that can STOP my oily face? i wash and moisturize and blah blah. wrinkles aren't really a problem for me, but i do have huge poresHow does bare escentuals work on oily skin?
bare essentials work well, its suppose to be the best for oily skin, but prepare to pay more then usualHow does bare escentuals work on oily skin?
Bare Minerals has bismuth oxychloride, which can irritate sensitive or acne-prone skin. It also can make it look shiny after awhile. I used it and that's what happened to me. Look for something that doesn't contain that ingredient. Now I use signature minerals; only available online.
Bare Mineral's is great for oily skin. If you have huge pores though and oily skin...you should definitely use a foundation primer underneath it. Benefit makes a few really good ones, and Bare Mineral's has one also called ';prime time';. It'll keep the makeup on all day. If you decide to get Bare Minerals, the best way to go is to get the starter kit. It comes with something called mineral veil which is a setting powder and GREAT for oily skin and shine. During the day if you start to get shiny you just brush the mineral veil over it...it's a translucent powder.





The makeup will also help with your skin and any blemishes.
Bare Escentuals will be great for you. Use their prime time foundation primer first to reduce the appearance of large pores, then buff the foundation into your skin longer and with more pressure than you probably think is sufficient then finish with mineral veil. The veil has cornstarch in it so it will absorb excess oil and give you a good finish. If you are VERY oily you can use the veil before and after the foundation. I believe that people who don't like the look of bare escentuals are using way too much product and not buffing nearly enough.
I've heard that BE doesn't have the best coverage for acne, and it definitely won't get rid of them. But since it is mineral make up, chances of irritation is far less.





For shine I recommend MAC blot. I have the same thing, and MAC blot works VERY well at controlling shine.





I'd also go read some reviews before buying they're very informative and often talk about application of a specific product as well.


Over 1900 reviews for BE:


http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=25754/Bare_Minerals_ALL/Bare_Escentuals/Powder





MAC blot: http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=572/Blot_Powder/MAC/Pressed_Powders





For minimizing the appearance of your pores, I'd suggest using Clinique Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector:


http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=34363/Pore_Minimizer_Instant_Perfector/Clinique/Primer/_Corrector





I use it as well, it's very good at filling in the pores to disguise them/shine control.





These products may seem a bit pricy, but they're well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan