Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anyone else get crazy acne, oily skin while taking nasonex?

Ive always had oily skin and a pimple here and there, but literally a few days to a week after starting nasonex the amount of oil pretty much tripled, my pores got extremely clogged within a few weeks, my acne got out of control, and the strangest thing of all - when i woke up in the morning, my face would not only be unbelievably greasy, but it would also have this light sweet, sickly milk and honey smell to it. Really weird I know, but I noticed it. Its almost like the oil from my skin smelled. Yuck.





I took nasonex for 1.5 months and had over a month of terrible skin before I finally figured out I wasnt just having a random hormonal acne flare up and that it had started around the time I started nasonex. I did a little search online and found one or two things from people saying this had happened to them, but that was it. I was wondering if this is really rare or if anyone else has experienced it?





I have been off of the nasonex now for almost 2 weeks and my skin is FINALLY as of today 95% better. Did anyone else ever experience this?????Anyone else get crazy acne, oily skin while taking nasonex?
Well I just looked a little bit and although it is rare, it is a side effect, so it's probably not your imagination. My son was taking it until I realized that it was making him cough. So needless to say I had him stop taking it. I personally thing the nose sprays are bad for you. I like naturaly saline sprays instead. Also when my son's allergies get bad, which is rare now, the doctor prescribed this medicine that is antihistamine, decongestant, and cough suppressent which worked really, really well-it's called vazotan suspension. I'm not sure how old you are but the older he gets, the less allergy problems he has....he's 14 now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
emergency loan